- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a good driving record and possess a valid Class-D New Mexico driver’s license.
- Must have a record clear of felony convictions or crimes involving moral turpitude or violations of public trust.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be a United States citizen and establish New Mexico residency within six months of hire.
LATERALS’ CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSURES / REGISTRATIONS
- Current certification by the New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy.
- Out-of-state applicants must meet the requirements and qualify for a Certification by Waiver class through the New Mexico Department of Public Safety.
- Must have a good driving record and possess a valid Class D New Mexico driver’s license.
- Must take the Santa Fe Police Department placement tests (No physical fitness test required).
See Testing Dates
Must successfully pass the following:
- Written exam
- Physical Standards
- Physical agility tests (cadets only) – See Physical Fitness Standards (PDF)
- Oral interview
- Polygraph examination
- Background examination
- Psychological examination
- Complete medical examination
- Drug screening test
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use specialized equipment, including but not limited to firearms, communications equipment and computers
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective and professional working relationship with co-workers and the general public
- Ability to meet deadlines with severe time constraints
- Knowledge of the City geography is helpful
Our upcoming test dates are:
May 11, 2019
June 8, 2019
July 13, 2019
August 10, 2019
September 14, 2019
October 12, 2019
November 9, 2019
December 14, 2019
Crisis Negotiation Team
Bike Patrol Team
SFPD is the official recruiting website for the City of Santa Fe Police Department.