Dear Police Department Applicant:
Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Santa Fe Police Department. Police
Cadets must be 21 years of age at the completion of the Police Academy.
The entry-level salary for Police Cadet is currently $21 per hour. Current NMLEA certified
candidates may be brought in as a lateral hire depending on experience:
- Police Officer I / Lateral with 1-2 years experience: $22.26 per hour
- Police Officer II / Lateral with 3-4 years experience: $25.45 per hour
- Senior Police Officer / Lateral with 5+ years experience: $31 per hour
Please note there are nine phases to the selection process. The following is an explanation of the testing process:
Phases one through three (1-3) will be administered on the scheduled test date.
- Physical Agility Test – based on the New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy Standards.
This test consists of a 1.5 mile run, push-ups, sit-ups and 300 meter run. A sheet containing
minimum standards is included in this packet. Please bring clothing suitable for exercising to include running shoes as well as water. Lateral hires are not required to take the physical agility test.
- Written Test – a two hour multiple choice exam will be administered. Lateral hires will have placement exams to determine hiring rank.
- Interviews–Should the physical agility test and written exam be passed, candidates will be interviewed. Please bring appropriate business attire. For those who successfully pass the above three phases, a conditional letter of hire will be made and is contingent on the successful completion of the remaining phases of the selection process.
- Background Investigation
- Polygraph examination
- Psychological evaluation
- Physical examination (paid by the City of Santa Fe);
- Drug Screening (paid by the City of Santa Fe)
- Police Chief’s Interview (Final Stage)
Santa Fe Police Department
2515 Camino Entrada
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87507
Time: Sign in at 8:00 a.m.
PLEASE BE PROMPT, you will not be allowed to test if you are late.
Mandatory Items: Current driver’s license, proof of education and, if applicable, your
peace officer certification.
Should you not pass any phase of the testing process you will be notified immediately. You may
elect to retest for the position at a later date.
If you have any questions about the selection process or the job requirements please contact Recruiting Officer Jacqueline Arroyo at (505)955-5166.
Crisis Negotiation Team
Bike Patrol Team
Emergency Response Team
SFPD is the official recruiting website for the City of Santa Fe Police Department.